Information for Referees
The entry level 09 referee class consists of three 3-hour sessions and usually takes place on a Friday evening through Saturday afternoon. Attendance at all sessions is required for certification.
Classes are held at the P&R building located at 315 E. 9th (old armory bldg). Cost for the class is $60 which pays for instructor fees and one year regsitration with the United States Soccer Federation. A 50 question test will be administered at the end of the last session. A score of 37 (missing a maximum of 13 questions) is required for satisfactory completion of the class. Upon completion, referees with an 09 certification will be certified to work U14 and under recreational games.
Annual re-certification is required and 3-hour refresher courses will be held at least twice a year for those wishing to retain certification. There is no cost for the re-certification class, but annual registration with USSF and OSA is $50.
If you have any questions please contact Doug Cooper at email@example.com.
USSF Referee Administrative Handbook - Code of Ethics for Referees
(1) I will always maintain the utmost respect for the game of soccer.
(2) I will conduct myself honorably at all times and maintain the dignity of my position.
(3) I will always honor an assignment or any other contractual obligation.
(4) I will attend training meetings and clinics so as to know the Laws of the Game, their proper interpretation and their application.
(5) I will always strive to achieve maximum team work with my fellow officials.
(6) I will be loyal to my fellow officials and never knowingly promote criticism of them.
(7) I will be in good physical condition.
(8) I will control the players effectively by being courteous and considerate without sacrificing fairness.
(9) I will do my utmost to assist my fellow officials to better themselves and their work.
(10) I will not make statements about any games except to clarify an interpretation of the Laws of the Game.
(11) I will not discriminate against nor take undue advantage of any individual group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
(12) I consider it a privilege to be a part of the U.S. Soccer Federation and my actions will reflect credit upon that organization and its affiliates.