GOOD NEWS!!! We have more girls registered for the upcoming season than we’ve had for any season in the past 2 years (by more than 10). We are extremely excited about the changes we announced for the U8 & U10 girls format/structure this spring. One of the biggest changes is the implementation of a Head Trainer (Clement Abai for U10 and Matt Clark for U8). The goal of this change is to provide a consistent coaching structure and eliminate the burden of finding team coaches for every team… every season. However, there is still a need for “Facilitators” at each age group. Below is an outline of the role our Facilitators will play. In addition, we will be holding a Facilitator/Parent Training for those volunteering as a Facilitator or those Parents wanting to learn more about the game of soccer. The current plan is to hold this event on Tuesday, March 12th from 6-7:30 at Gameday Sports Complex. At the Training Night, we will talk about rules of the game, coaching objectives, and how we can all work together to create an environment focused on having fun and building confidence for the girls this season.
- NO NEED TO PLAN PRACTICES – This will be put together by the Head Trainer for each age group.
- Practice Setup/Teardown – Facilitators will help setup and pickup after drills.
- Organize Players – The key role Facilitators play is to help organize players in lines, to have the appropriate gear/equipment, and maintain order during the drills.
- Encourage, Encourage, Encourage – Facilitators are there to help build players confidence and ensure they are having fun. 80% of the coaching should come from the Head Trainer, with Facilitators supporting.
- Game Management – Facilitators will help facilitate games, not coach players, but simply help make sure games run smoothly.
- Raise Questions – We need to hear how practices are going from Parents and Facilitators to ensure we are creating the right culture for the kids.
More information will be presented at our Facilitator/Parent Training Night. Please know we can’t make this season successful without YOUR help!
We’re using SurveyMonkey to organize our upcoming Facilitator/Parent Training.
1) Click this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/C2Y8YVS
2) Answer the questions provided.
3) If signing up, expect to receive further details and a calendar invite later this week via e-mail.
If you have any questions, feel free to email Matt Clark at Matt.Clark@InterWorks.com.